Sharon Oakley shows
We managed to bag 5 minutes with ‘Showbiz Shaz’ to get some answers to these burning questions:
Tell us five things we don’t know about you
- I once offered to put germolene on Ian Brown (The Stone Roses) shaving cut.
- I always feel ill after going on the ‘teacups’ at the fair.
- George Clooney and I watched James Brown in concert together! … or at least he was sitting in the row behind me! Surely that counts!?!
- I’ve only just starting watching ‘Friends’
- I once played the part of ‘Sandy’ in the musical ‘Grease’ but was actually ‘gutted’ I didn’t get the part of Rizzo.
Tell me what I need to know?
If you want your egg shells to peel off really easily, add baking soda or vinegar to the water when boiling. It makes the egg whites separate easier from the shell! Go on try it, it really works!
Do you have any irrational fears?
I can’t do heights! I had to be rescued from a climbing wall after I got stuck 3 feet off the ground, never again!
What’s your favourite movie?
I can’t possibly whittle it down to one! I laugh out loud at anything starring Melissa McCarthy and adore old films, especially anything with Doris Day and Cary Grant. I also watched ‘Some Like it Hot’ again recently and just fell in love with it all over again!
Do or did you have any nicknames?
Shazza and Shaz (obviously) or Showbiz … duly named because apparently I was always the least Showbiz person in the room! They have all kinda stuck!
If you didn’t work at Central FM what would be doing?
Probably something in marketing which is what I studied! I honestly can’t think of anything worse!