Win Your Wedding – Terms and Conditions
Central FM Win Your Wedding Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are in addition to the Central FM normal terms and conditions for entering competitions.
Win Your Wedding with Central FM and Strathcarron Hospice will be known as the Promoter
The competition entry stage launches on air 3rd June and closes at midnight on 30th June
Entries will only be accepted on the official entry form at www.centralfm.co.uk/wedding
Any entries received before the start date or after the closing date will be invalid
The judging and selection of finalists will take place between 1st and 11th July.
12th July the 5 finalists will be announced.
The final 5 couples selected are the finalists and will have 13 days to fundraise for Strathcarron Hospice from 12th – 24th July. All monies raised must be paid into each couples fundraising page by 5pm on 24th July or cash handed into Strathcarron Hospice by 5pm on 24th July.
Entrants will be open to UK residents aged 16 years over at the date of entry, who are a genuine couple (same or opposite-sex couples are both eligible to enter) and who have an interest in marriage.
Individuals must be legally able to marry on the date of the wedding on 28th March 2020. Individuals who are legally separated can enter but must provide legal documentation that their divorce will be completed by the statuary notice period to announce wedding bands which is by law, notice to marry or register a civil partnership must be given at a registration office in the area where you live. This cannot be done less than 29 days or more than 12 months in advance of your ceremony. Both parties have to give their own notices, preferably on the same day or, if not, as soon as possible.
Central FM and Strathcarron Hospice will not be held responsible to organise the legal part of the wedding ceremony. The winning couple will organise a registrar or person of religion who is authorised to legally perform weddings in Scotland. In Scotland, a religious or belief marriage may be solemnised only by a minister, clergyman, pastor, priest or other person entitled to do so under the Marriage (Scotland) Act 1977.
Couples must reside in the area to which the Central FM broadcasts. Please contact Central FM if you require further guidance.
Employees (and their family members) of both Central FM and Strathcarron Hospice or any company involved in the competition including the prize sponsors are excluded from entering the competition and their entries will not be considered.
If a couple is disqualified for any reason, all funds will be donated to Strathcarron Hospice and will not be refunded
You can enter free of charge on the website by filling out the entry form. One entry per couple will be accepted
The Judging panel will be made up of representatives of Central FM employees and Strathcarron Hospice employees.
All valid entries received by the closing date will be assessed by the panel of judges.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview at Central FM on 4th and 5th July. Both partners must attend the interview. You will be asked to present your fundraising ideas to the judging panel.
The judges will determine who has come with the most realistic and achievable fundraising plans and the 5 couples they deem to be the best will be selected as the final 5 couples. Each couple must supply us with a photograph and a brief blog about themselves to be featured on the website of both Central FM and Strathcarron Hospice.
The final 5 couples will take part in fundraising activity from 12th July and 24th July. All the couples must comply with the fundraising regulations as given by Strathcarron Hospice and will be supported by the fundraising team for advice throughout that period.
The winning couple will be the couple who have raised the most money for Strathcarron Hospice from 12th – 24th July and have paid all monies raised in by 5pm on 24th July.
All of the funds raised will go directly to Strathcarron Hospice and there will be no refunds given to any of the couples or their supporters (e.g. friends, family or colleagues) if they do not win. We would therefore discourage any couple putting in their own funds to be included as fundraising.
The winning couple will be announced during the breakfast show on Friday 26th July.
The Prize Package:
- The Venue – The Royal Hotel Bridge of Allan. Prize package for 60 guests:
- Plush ruby red carpet to welcome the arrival of your guests
- A glass of chilled sparkling wine or fresh orange juice served after the wedding ceremony or with the toasts
- An exquisite 3-course wedding breakfast including tea and coffee, created by the acclaimed team of Chefs, with an extensive choice of options available from the menu selector
- A half bottle of house red or white wine per guest to accompany your meal
- Children dine on a complimentary basis from the children’s menu (maximum of 6 children under 12 years old)
- The fully dressed grand ballroom or wedding suite with crisp white table linen, napkins, designer china and glassware, candelabras & dancefloor
- Elegant cake stand to display your wedding cake on a specially draped table
- Wedding cake knife for the formal cutting of the cake
- Experienced & professional Master of Ceremonies to oversee proceedings of the day and evening
- Stylish stationery package including table plan, guest place cards, table names and wedding menus
- Luxurious Bridal Suite with a complimentary bottle of Champagne
- Wedding Dress – Bridal Boutique at Frox of Falkirk. A wedding dress to the value of £1000 and 2 bridesmaids dresses from the Christina Wu Celebration Range.
- Flowers – Irene’s Florist Stenhousemuir/Falkirk. Flowers for the wedding to the value of £1000. These are to include bridal bouquet, bridesmaids and flower girls bouquets, buttonholes for the gentleman in the bridal party, groom, best man and ushers. Mother of Bride/Groom corsages and father of Bride/Groom buttonholes. Ceremony and reception flowers.
- Honeymoon courtesy of Barrhead Travel – Honeymoon to Dubai – 6 nights in a 4* Jannah Marina Bay Suites in Dubai Marina bed and breakfast
30th March 2020. Flights with Emirates from Glasgow with 23kg per person luggage allowance
- Photography – JB Moments Photography – Wedding Photography from the Diamond Package.
- Wedding Cars – Bruces Wedding Cars – 2 x wedding cars – 2 runs per car subject to locations and timings
- Wedding Rings – McMaster Jewellers Newmarket Street Falkirk 2 rings to the value of £600
- Wedding Cake – Luscious Lovelies Cakes – Main Street, Camelon – Cake to the value of £500
- Mother of the Bride – Frox of Falkirk – Voucher to the value of £500 for Mother of the Bride outfit.
- KiltHire – JH Kilt hire La Porte Grangemouth. Kilt hire is for the Groom, Best Man and 2 ushers. Outfits must be chosen from their own on-site stock.
- Favours – Maleys Artisan Chocolates – 60 sets of chocolate flavour boxes, consisting of 2 chocolates each – choosing from a range of 70 flavours and choice of ribbon colour. Customer to collect or delivery charge to venue
- Hen Party – Airth Castle Hotel – Spa day for Bride and 5 friends to include unlimited use of leisure facilities, 2 treatments and lunch with a glass of bubbly.
- Stag Do – Scottish Segway – Segway experience for 35 minutes and lunch for groom and 5 friends
- Wedding Entertainment – a wedding disco supplied by Premier Disco
The Prize is as detailed. The winning couple can pay to increase the value of any element of the prize. If any element of the prize is not used then no cash alternative will be offered.
The wedding date is fixed on 28th March 2020 and cannot be altered. If the winning couple cannot get married on this date they will forfeit the prize and it may be offered to the runner up couple.
The value of the prizes are fixed by the individual prize providers. A prize provider may need to amend of exchange an element of the prize should any element become unavailable or impractical to provide. In such circumstances, any alternative prize shall be of equal or greater value.
Any special terms and conditions for each prize element will be detailed above.
Central FM and Strathcarron Hospice will not be responsible for any aspect of the Prize, including unsatisfactory quality of late delivery. If any company ceases to trade and is not able to provide the prize both Central FM and Strathcarron Hospice will endeavour to do everything to find an alternative supplier but are not bound to do so.
The winning couple will agree to publicity photographs of them being shared on social media and of photographs of their wedding being shared on both Central FM and Strathcarron Hospice website and social media. These images can and may be used for publicity by each of the prize providers.
Only entries received in accordance with these Terms will be accepted.
One entry per couple.
The Promoter has the right to disqualify participants if it reasonably believes participants have breached any of the Terms or if any couple are or become unable to fully participate in any stage of the selection process.
If there is any misunderstanding, mistake or dispute concerning the operation of the Competition, including the correctness or acceptability of any answers given by winner(s), or the operation of any technical/communications system, the Promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into on this subject.
The Promoter is not responsible for any failure in email or online systems which result in an entrants’ entry not be received by the Promoter.
In order to maintain the quality of the Promoter’s radio programming and to protect listeners from harm, participants may be disqualified if they are incomprehensible, inaudible or if it appears to the Promoter (in its sole discretion) that the caller is driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners.
Whilst participants are on-air, they promise not to make any statement which (in the Promoter’s sole and reasonable discretion) is inappropriate or which would be likely to bring the Promoter into disrepute.
Other than for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence and so far as permitted by law, Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Competition or any aspect of the Prizes.
The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this Competition if it is required to do so due to circumstances outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
If you have any concerns about how this competition has been run, you should email: Liam McCann Programme Controller, firstname.lastname@example.org or write to him at Central FM, 9 Munro Road, Springkerse Industrial Estate, Stirling, FK7. A complaint will not be considered if it is made more than 14 days after the date the winner is announced.