PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to thesSite, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We will also collect personal information from you in a variety of ways:
- By filling out an enquiry or competition form on our website.
- Phoning or texting the radio station.
- Providing personal information on location to one of our street teams.
- Submitting your e-mail address to our mailing list/VIP list.
- Using our smartphone apps.
- Depending on what service you are using will determine what information we collect about you, but generally we could collect name, address, phone number, email address, age, gender, date of birth, comments, competition answers and household information.
It may also be necessary to ask for additional personal information which we will ask permission for in advance.
The site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13 and it is not our intention to collect this information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- provide, administer and communicate with you about our services and promotions.
- analyse and improve the services we offer
- create statistics, profiles and marketing opportunities, and analyse information to formulate opinions.
- help prevent fraud and loss.
- train our staff.
- get in touch with you about products, events, promotions and services that we or our 3rd party partners are offering. This could be by email, phone, text, or another form of electronic communication.
We will never pass your details on to a 3rd party without permission from you first – usually when you are taking part in a competition.
If you call into one of our broadcasts or send us a text, we may take a note of your name and number plus any additional information (such as subjects and prizes won). This is for administrational purposes. It is your right to ask for this information to not be collected or deleted.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information with service providers who perform functions and services on our behalf. Such third parties will be provided with personal information necessary to perform the services on our behalf but are not authorised to use such information for any other purposes.
In instances of you winning a prize from a 3rd party, we may have to pass your details on to the 3rd party in order for your prize to be arranged. In this instance, we will only provide them with the necessary information in order for this to happen (data such as name, address, e-mail address or telephone number).
We may also disclose personal information about you to comply with applicable laws and when requested to do so by law enforcement agencies or government bodies.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
We reserve the right to retain data we have collected on you for ‘a reasonable amount of time’. You can request to have any information we may hold on you deleted. Please contact email@example.com for more information or to have your data deleted.
While it’s our preference to have all our data stored in the UK & EU, we may at times need to transfer data outside of the EU. If this is required, we it will be done in compliance with the conditions for transfer set out in Chapter V of the GDP
This policy was last updated May 2018.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Central FM Limited, The Studio, 9 Munro Road, Springkerse Industrial Estate, Stirling, Scotland, FK7 7UU